One of the main advantages of Tickmill is its competitive pricing. The broker offers tight spreads starting from 0.0 pips on major currency pairs, which is very attractive for traders looking for low transaction costs. In addition, Tickmill charges no commission on standard accounts, which is another plus for traders.
Another advantage of Tickmill is its trading platform. The broker offers the popular MetaTrader 4 (MT4) platform, which is known for its user-friendly interface, advanced charting tools, and wide range of technical indicators. Tickmill also provides traders with access to a range of educational resources, including webinars, trading guides, and market analysis.
In terms of customer service, Tickmill has received positive reviews from traders. The broker offers support in a range of languages, including English, Spanish, German, Italian, and Chinese. Customer support is available 24/5 via live chat, email, and phone.
However, there are also some potential drawbacks to consider. Tickmill does not offer a wide range of trading instruments, with only forex, indices, and commodities available for trading. In addition, the broker does not accept clients from the United States, Canada, Japan, and some other countries.
Tickmill regulation and money safety
Tickmill is a regulated forex broker, which means that it operates in compliance with the laws and regulations of the countries where it is authorized to provide services. The broker is regulated by several reputable financial authorities, including the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) in the UK, the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (CySEC), and the Financial Services Authority (FSA) in Seychelles.
Regulation is important for forex brokers because it helps to ensure that they operate in a transparent and fair manner and that they adhere to strict standards when it comes to client fund protection. Tickmill's regulation means that the broker is required to maintain certain levels of capital adequacy and that it must also segregate client funds from its own funds.
In addition, Tickmill is a member of the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) in the UK, which provides compensation to eligible clients in the event that the broker is unable to meet its financial obligations. The FSCS provides up to £85,000 in compensation per client.
Overall, Tickmill's regulation and money safety measures are robust and in line with industry standards. The broker is authorized to provide services in multiple countries, and it operates in compliance with the laws and regulations of each of these countries. Client funds are segregated and protected, and the broker is a member of a compensation scheme that provides additional protection to clients in the event of financial difficulties.
Tickmill minimal deposit
Tickmill offers different account types with varying minimum deposit requirements to suit different types of traders. Here are the minimum deposit requirements for each account type:
- Classic Account: $100 minimum deposit
- Pro Account: $100 minimum deposit
- VIP Account: $50,000 minimum deposit
The Classic and Pro accounts are suitable for most traders, and both have the same minimum deposit requirement of $100. The main difference between the two account types is the trading conditions, with the Pro account offering lower spreads and commissions in exchange for a small round-turn commission fee.
The VIP account is designed for high-net-worth traders and institutional clients, and it requires a minimum deposit of $50,000. This account type offers a range of benefits, including lower trading costs, a dedicated account manager, and access to exclusive trading tools.
It's worth noting that the minimum deposit requirements for Tickmill accounts may be subject to change. It's always a good idea to check with the broker directly or consult the Tickmill website for the latest information on account types and minimum deposit requirements.
Tickmill welcome(no-deposit) bonus and deposit bonus
Tickmill offers various bonuses and promotional offers to its clients from time to time. However, it's worth noting that bonus offers may be subject to change and may not be available at all times. Here are some of the bonuses and promotional offers that Tickmill has offered in the past:
- Welcome Bonus: Tickmill has offered a welcome bonus of up to $500 to new clients who open a live account and meet certain trading volume requirements.
- Trader of the Month: Tickmill has run a "Trader of the Month" competition in the past, where clients who achieve the highest percentage return on their account balance during the month are eligible for cash prizes.
- Cashback Rebate: Tickmill has offered a cashback rebate program in the past, where traders can earn cashback on their trades based on their trading volume.
It's important to note that bonus offers may be subject to terms and conditions, and traders should always read the fine print before accepting any bonus offer. In addition, it's worth noting that some regulatory authorities, such as the FCA in the UK, have placed restrictions on bonus offers for forex brokers.
Overall, while Tickmill offers various bonuses and promotional offers to its clients, traders should always be aware of the terms and conditions associated with these offers, and ensure that they comply with regulatory requirements.
Tickmill trading contests
Tickmill offers various trading contests and competitions from time to time, which can be a fun and rewarding way for traders to compete against each other and potentially win prizes. Here are some of the trading contests that Tickmill has offered in the past:
- Tickmill Trader of the Month: This is a monthly competition where traders who achieve the highest percentage return on their account balance during the month are eligible for cash prizes. The top three traders each month receive cash prizes of $1,000, $750, and $500, respectively.
- Tickmill NFP Machine: This is a trading contest that is held around the time of the monthly Non-Farm Payrolls (NFP) release in the US. Traders who correctly predict the NFP figure and have the highest percentage return on their account balance during the contest period are eligible for cash prizes.
- Tickmill Demo Race: This is a demo trading competition where traders compete against each other using virtual funds. The top three traders with the highest percentage return on their demo account balance during the contest period are eligible for cash prizes.
It's worth noting that the availability of trading contests may be subject to change and may not be available at all times. In addition, traders should always read the terms and conditions associated with any trading contest before participating to ensure that they understand the rules and requirements.
- Competitive pricing: Tickmill offers tight spreads starting from 0.0 pips on major currency pairs, which can help to minimize trading costs for traders.
- User-friendly trading platform: The broker offers the popular MetaTrader 4 (MT4) platform, which is known for its advanced charting tools, a wide range of technical indicators, and a user-friendly interface.
- Good customer support: Tickmill offers customer support in a range of languages, including English, Spanish, German, Italian, and Chinese. Support is available 24/5 via live chat, email, and phone.
- Range of educational resources: Tickmill provides traders with access to a range of educational resources, including webinars, trading guides, and market analysis, which can help traders to improve their trading skills and knowledge.
- Multiple account types: Tickmill offers a range of account types to suit different types of traders, including the Classic, Pro, and VIP accounts.
- Regulated broker: Tickmill is regulated by several reputable financial authorities, including the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) in the UK, the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (CySEC), and the Financial Services Authority (FSA) in Seychelles, which can provide traders with additional peace of mind.
- Fast execution speeds: Tickmill uses advanced technology to ensure fast execution speeds, which can be important for traders who want to take advantage of market opportunities quickly.
- Limited range of markets: Tickmill primarily focuses on forex trading and doesn't offer as many markets as some other brokers. If you're interested in trading a wide range of assets, you may need to look elsewhere.
- No US clients: Tickmill does not currently accept clients from the United States. If you're based in the US, you'll need to find another broker.
- Limited payment options: While Tickmill does offer a few different payment options, the selection is somewhat limited compared to some other brokers. This could be a drawback if you prefer to use a specific payment method.
- Inactivity fee: Tickmill charges an inactivity fee of $5 per month after 6 months of no trading activity. If you're not an active trader, this could add up over time.
Overall, Tickmill offers a range of advantages for traders, including competitive pricing, a user-friendly trading platform, good customer support, a range of educational resources, and multiple account types. The broker is also regulated by reputable financial authorities, which can provide traders with additional security and peace of mind.